Wednesday, December 26, 2007

HO! HO! HO!



This was the best Christmas ever! Logan enjoyed himself so much, I just enjoyed watching his face as he opened his gifts. He got way spoiled by everyone and we still have 2 more visits before the festivities are over. Christmas day is usually the last of the gift giving and visiting but this year we had to make a visit today, we have another planned to go and see Jeff's Grandma on Friday and then we are going to celebrate with my Dad and siblings this coming Sunday. It just didn't work out that we could all be there at the same time so we had to wait until after Christmas. Oh well, more good food and visiting with family, sounds kind of fun to me.

Last year Logan had fun but it was all a bit over-stimulating for him, he had only been home a few months and was still very much adjusting to being in a family. I remember the first gift he got for Christmas a few day's before. My friend Tania came over and he really just didn't know how to open it, this year was way different. He new exactly what to do and enjoyed doing it.


It's hard to tell what he likes the best right now because there are so many new things he just keeps going from one to the next. I can't wait for a couple of weeks to put some things away and start rotating toys again. He got the "Bounce and Go" inch worm from his Nanny and Papa, I asked my Mom to get him this. I knew he would love it and we couldn't get it put together fast enough for him. Santa gave him the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he loved that, he is really into Mickey and friends right now. He also got a Mickey pillow with a sleep sack that he LOVES. Time will tell what he keeps playing with and what gets left behind so to speak.

Jeff and I really had such a good time this year, last year there was A LOT of stress with some family issues we had going on and it was hard to enjoy ourselves. This year we have found a way to move past it and start our healing. It was a long road to get here but we are doing it. I have to be honest it really ruined a lot of things for us, it was the most heartbreaking, sad thing I have ever been through in my life and I think Jeff would agree. We had enough stress of Logan coming home with his transition and us adjusting as first time parents, we surly didn't need any of that added onto it. We needed to focus on Logan no one else, we needed support and we didn't get it from some. Any way's, it was a huge Jerry Springer mess that I have never fully gotten into here because that dirty laundry is best left alone, so I will end it with that.

Any ways, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, we sure did. I am looking forward to the New Year and all that it will bring, more positive things I hope : )

No comments: