Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fun in the Snow!



Jeff and I have always went and cut down our tree, this is something we have always done since we have been together, almost 10 years. WOW, I cannot believe it has been that long. Any ways, it is soooo much fun to experience it with a child. Logan just loves it, he liked it last year also but he was only home a couple of months. This year he was running around in the tree's, enjoying the snow and just having a good old time. We had such a nice family day, we went Friday morning. It was cold but the nicest out of the weekend. As soon as we turned down the street of the place it started to snow, the timing was priceless. For the past 5 years it has been so warm when we go, we are usually in jeans and sweat-shirts. Not this year year, it was about 35 degrees with some wicked winds, BURRRR. The tree's were very disappointing, bad color, not big enough or way to big. So we ventured down the road about a mile to another tree farm that we have visited before and found the perfect tree.

Finding the PERFECT tree always takes me longer to do than Jeff really likes but he is a pretty good sport about it and he really doesn't have a choice any ways. Of course he picks on me about it. We will drive around the farm up and down rows for an hour if that's what it takes. This year I love our tree, nice job finding it this year Jeff :) It is this nice big fat thing, not as tall as I like but it is so FULL, there is not a spot that you can see the trunk. It really is beautiful

I cannot believe it took me 2 days to get it all done, I could have kept going and I do need to buy a few more ornaments to finish it. I buy an ornament for Jeff and I every year, last year I got a family one and one just for Logan. I found one for Jeff and I but not for our family or Logan's special one. I want him to have these for his tree when he has his own later in life. The majority of our ornaments are special, not just bulbs, they came from someone or somewhere and I love all of them.

Any ways, we have been busy around here decorating for the Holidays, play group and all kinds of other fun stuff. I have stocked up on arts and crafts that should get us through the year. I had to give Logan some Christmas presents today, we got snow and he wanted to go out and play so I had to bust out the snow boots and heavy winter coat that I had planned on giving him for Christmas, oh well. He LOVED his boots as I knew he would, I just told Jeff that those were going to be his favorite present. They zip on both sides and his foot slides in/out very easy, he can put them on/off all by himself.

We bought a new computer and I have been trying for the last few days to get it up and running. We asked for money for Christmas from my parents to get one and I found a great deal at Best Buy Thanksgiving morning so we just went ahead and got it. I gotta tell you I am not liking the Microsoft Vista at all. It seems like I need to do a driver update or a patch from just about every piece of software that I have along with my 3 in 1 printer. It has been a real pain in the butt and I really don't think the system is working right at all and of course HP is telling me pretty much to just do a recovery and start from scratch again. That of course is going to be a pain since I have already did software patches and driver updates for days now not to mention loading all of my software onto it all of which I will have to do again, EERRRRR!!!!!! Getting a new computer is a lot of work :)
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj98CKmyVGd1TJccy5RmmJNOUobFqxZFhKOpcfxD14v0WNfVqmUC1ZEen2fYqHz_gFFAJGMvnVlKxKfvbdnN8s3u9gOwXVMVrlpgZ-uoET9STmlLjqV7TyuKxhPNX_jt-LJURT7HA/s1600-r/100_2323.JPG">






3 comments:

Our Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Family said...

Logan is such a little man, supervising Daddy cutting down the tree. Love the smilie face in the snow, good job Jeff!!!!
Tania

Kim said...

Your Logan is a cutie!

Merry Christmas,
Kim