Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Wonderland

My Mom and I took Logan out to this really fun place for some Christmas browsing. As soon as we walked in L was in awe, I knew he would like it. A whole lot of Christmas trees and animation all around. He really loved the Snow White scene they had besides the mirror. I am not sure what the heck they were thinking but that evil thing in the mirror kind of scared me. We must have watched Snow White 10 times but he only looked at the mirror the first time and then would walk out of view of it when that part started.

We had a good time, nothing got broken but this tree ended up spinning really fast, LOL! This is not the greatest pic but this tree was like 12 feet tall and I wanted to show you all the actual tree. We had walked half way through and we had stopped and were just looking around and talking when I start hearing ornaments clinking together. I looked up and the tree was starting to spin really fast, I had to look around to find out what happened, Logan was right in front of me. Well right there you could just turn this dial. L had turned it up to about 7, Thank God I got to it before it really started flying. I can't imagine how much that would have cost me, although I would have probably argued about that since the dial was just right there, not out of the way or covered at all.

We have had some issues lately going on with Logan. He is being a little stinker again and that is an understatement. He is really distant with me right now but also very clingy at the same time, it is strange. He only wants me for EVERYTHING if I am around and of course I always am because I stay at home with him. He really has not wanted affection from anyone but me lately and he really doesn't want that either. I have been trying to hold his hand more, carry him more and having him sit in my lap also all of which I do all the time any ways. He has not wanted hugs or kisses from anyone but Jeff and I and sometimes he doesn't want us either.

He is moody, clingy and cranky and has been having potty issues on and off for about a month now. Logan has not worn a diaper besides at night since the beginning of August and I am about ready to regress him into them if I have to keep changing pants 3/4 times a day but then other days he doesn't have one "accident". I do not think they are accidents at all because sometimes he doesn't even try to get to the bathroom and he will even tell me that he doesn't have to go and 5 seconds later his pants are wet. What the heck, it usually happens after leaving Nanny and will last for a few days and then stop. I think maybe he is having feelings like maybe she may take him or I am leaving and not coming back. Nanny is the other lady in his life and I wonder if it has any thing to do with that.

He is such a funny kid and it stinks to see him sad. He is definitely going through something right now. I just try and reassure him that He nor we are going anywhere, that we are family and his parents forever and that we love him very much. I tell him all the time that he is safe and that this is his house and his things. He has been talking a lot about Russia and I think even having dreams about it. He told Jeff last weekend when he woke up that his deer was from Russia, so I think he must having been dreaming something because he was half a sleep. I am not sure what or how much he remembers about it though. I am sure he remembers some parts he was 19 months when he came home and it must have been so traumatic for him. Even though it was all for the best he surely couldn't understand that.

He will tell you that He was born in Russia and Mommy and Daddy came and picked him up and we flew on a plane. We talk about Russia and we tell him that he was born in Russia but we never have really gotten into the details about how we got home and stuff. I was pretty taken back when he said that to me the first time. I love it that he tells ya that he was born in Russia and Mommy and Daddy came for him, way to cute!

I know with all the hustle and bustle of the Holidays he is a little over-stimulated. Just the tree for the first few days got him all wound up. I think the next couple of weeks before Christmas we are going to lay low and cocoon a little. We need to get close again, he seems so far away and I don't like it at all and his behavior shows neither does he.




No comments: