Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Poor Boy is Cursed : (

Poor Logan has a huge cold sore/fever blister. The other day He told me his lip hurt but there was nothing there but it was a little puffy. Well, when he got him up from his nap there was a cluster of tiny blisters, OOHHHHHHH my poor baby. I I have ALWAYS gotten them ALWAYS and I have been VERY careful the 2 times that I have had one since Logan has been home. I have not had one in several months so I know I am not the cause, thank God I would feel awful. I know how painful and YUCKY they feel :( not to mention how they look.

I thought when we were still in Moscow that L got one but with his Chicken Pox it was hard to tell. It had appeared several days after all of his spots were in place and it was between his nose and lip that's why it was really hard to tell. It took forever to heal just as a cold sore would if it was not treated. I feel so bad that he has to go through the rest of his life with this. I got a script for him and it looks pretty good for only 2 days. I got it when I went to the Dr. for my yearly check up but never filled it. I called L's Ped and she said it was fine to use it on him, I was very happy to hear that, she said I could use Abreva also. I filled the script, I was shocked when my part after insurance was $25.00 it was a little 1 oz tube of cream. WELL WORTH It, it works great and I wish I would have asked her for something years ago.

In other news Logan has pretty much STOPPED sucking his thumb, this is so HUGE. He no longer needs that security, YAHOO for you Logan! Jeff and I have never really said anything to him about it. I have read several times to ignore it and it will go away on its own and usually faster than if you push the issue. Plus that was his soother when he was all alone and scared in the baby-house that's what made him feel better. Just before he turned 3 it just stopped. He really only did it when he had his blanket or at bed time. It was not like he had his thumb in his mouth all of the time. My Step-mom never even knew he did until we were in Florida this past January. I have seen him still sucking it a few times when he is sleeping and I check on him before bed but I have not seen his thumb in his mouth for over a month other than that. I kept forgetting to post about it and then when I have remembered a couple of times I decided not to talk about it because I have a tendency to jinx myself.

No comments: