Thursday, April 10, 2008

A True Tragedy

On Tuesday afternoon April 8th, around 2:00 pm there was a fatal accident involving 4 teens in my area, 3 died. 2 of the young men who passed lived on my street, one just 5 houses down. I really didn't know him but have said hi to him many times, I have chatted with his parents a couple of times also. The driver of the pick-up is our friends son. James is a wonderful young man, he actually helped take care of our house when we were on our trips for our adoption. He is in critical condition now and needs all of our thoughts and prayers. He is going to have a very long road of recovery ahead of him, not only physically but mentally and emotionally also.

I am not going to say to much about the details of the accident and what happened because first, it is all speculation right now. However, I do know that there was no alcohol involved and they were on there way home from school. The police say it is going to take at least 2 weeks to reconstruct the accident and figure it out, I am telling you it was a HORRIFIC sight. Second, I can't get the picture of that truck out of my mind. Third, Jeff only talked to our friend for a brief moment the morning after the accident to let him know we are here for them if they need anything. We will make our way to the hospital early next week, I know they have a lot going on medical wise. There are a lot of classmates right now visiting their friend and showing love and support to him and that is what he needs right now. Fourth, I have read and watched about 10 different versions of what happened, the reporters have all given their own spin on things and have reported the story very badly I think, except one.

I wasn't sure if I even wanted to talk about this on my blog because it is such a sad thing but this has really hit home and touch me deeply. My heart is aching for all of these families, I hope they can find a way get some closure and heal. I really feel that way for all of us around here, I was shopping today and I heard people talking about it all over in the store. I know it has definitely impacted me deeply. Please say a prayer, send a good thought or what ever your choice of words are to all of these families and my community.

No comments: