Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What Goes Around Comes Around :)

In short the ass that scammed us on our first attempt to adopt finally has it coming. There is a warrant out for his arrest for 62 counts of felony fraud and that is what he will be charged with if/when he is apprehended. The numbers where staggering, out of the 62 families named in this case 43 of us DID NOT adopt a child with Orson Mozes/Adoption International Program. Only 19 did and out of that 19 only 4 adopted their referral, some families even lost 2-3 referrals or adopted an older child when they had their hearts set on a baby.

Please watch this video it is a news clip done with one of the other families named in the case. Orson's face is in here. He is a wanted man in California so if you see him please contact the Santa Barbara District attorney or the police. Orson has been on the run since last summer so he could be anywhere. The screen is black but it will start once you hit the play button.



Here is a short version of what happened to us. I summed it up because believe me it is very long and sad. I never really got into it here because this blog was set up after the heartache we endured with AIP and started the process to adopt Logan.

I sent this to a reporter in California today, she wrote a story on this and she has been looking to talk to more families.

Hi Kathleen, My name is Dawn J.

I Know that you have done a piece on this whole mess with AIP/Orson mess. I am an ex-client of his from back in 2004/2005. We also have a heartbreaking story as with many others and are one of the 62 plaintiffs in the case. We were strung along, lied to, belittled and delayed for months with Orson. He eventually let us travel to Kazakhstan only to tell us the day after we landed that our son (referral)was no longer available. Orson had assured us the day before we left the US that our son was waiting for us. We were trying to prepare ourselves for this because we were hearing all over the internet that NO ONE was adopting their referrals with AIP and having difficult times in Kazakhstan once there.

Well they did not even know what to do with us once we finally did get there. They kept us in one region for 3 days then made us pay hundreds of dollars more to fly to another region of Kazakhstan only to find out that there were no children for us to adopt there either or so the Orphanage director said. We set out on adopting two children under the age of 2 and came home with out our babies to an empty nursery.

I set out on a crusade myself back in June of 2005 to get this man shut down. I contacted all people in authority in the US Government and the Kaz Gov. I reached out online in different chat group's, I spoke to many people, I was trying to get the word out. I emailed the media and then finally I was contacted back by Ms.Laura Cleves, we talked for about an hour and she decided to open the case against Orson. Unfortunately not enough people came forward back then but she kept this case open, thank God.

When I found Dawn D's. blog and I was reading her horrible story and I realized that she was with AIP/Orson. I reached out to her and gave her all of my contact info I had. I forwarded a link to her blog to Ms. Cleves, and told her that Orson was up to it again and she started taking another look at things. Dawn D. contacted Laura and then did something very smart, she started a yahoo group to stop Orson Mozes. Well the word got out and now after all of these years my family is going to get justice :) I am so proud of all the families that have finally come together as a group and made things happen. We are no longer victims and there will be no more victims because of Orson.

1 comment:

Denise :o) said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It really made me feel better. I will definitely try more holding time as opposed to time-outs because you are right... they are not working.

I am VERY, VERY happy to read about Orson being taken down! I have read heartbreaking story after heartbreaking story in regards to his actions. He's a HORRIBLE person!!!! It's truly amazing what the internet can get accomplished!!

BTW, I live in CA and will keep my eye out for the creep! ;o)

Your son is a doll. I love his little secret that he told you. How sweet!!!! :o)

Thank you again!