Saturday, February 9, 2008

Play Date Wounds, Elmo and Some Funnies




My friend Debra and I took our boy's to see Sesame Street Live today, neither of our boy's have had the theater show experience before so we weren't really sure how they would react. I don't think Debra or I could take our eye's off our kids for the first 10 minutes, they were both in AWE! I loved watching Logan's expressions. He was so excited about going this morning that's all he kept saying once we got dressed. He did not want to wait for them to get here he just wanted to leave and we left at 9:30 this morning.

We were supposed to go last weekend but Alec got the Flu, I really wasn't feeling all that great and Logan had a runny nose. I called and asked the theater if there was anything we could do and they said as long as we got there before OUR show started we could exchange our ticket's, how cool is that. Debra was really happy about that so her and I took a drive down last Saturday and exchanged our tickets for today : )

The funniest thing just happened tonight, LOL!!!!!!!! Logan is in bed and I can hear him talking to his stuffed animals, basically just winding down from the day. He starts calling me and usually I give it a minute but I could tell in his tone that he needed me so up I went. He tells me he has to go potty so in we go and I notice he as socks on his feet. I know that he should not because I took them off as I was tucking him in, he does not like socks on his feet at bed time. Then I notice he doesn't only have one pair on, I start to peel the socks off and there are 3 socks on one foot and 2 on the other. I just started laughing, it was so funny. Then of course I told him not to play with his clothes, blah, blah, blah it's night night time. 10 minutes later he was out, I am not sure if he even moved after I tucked him back in.

Logan and I were at the craft store picking up some supplies and he had asked about 3 times to go and I kept telling him in a minute. The next time he says to me "Mom we need to go before I get grumpy" I almost died and so did the lady next to us. Where on earth did that come from and how funny is that.

Logan got his first wound from playing with another kid the other day. He got socked in the eye with a Weeble Wobble and man those things are hard and heavy. I am not sure why because they have played together well for a long time. I felt so bad for Logan, he has never gotten hit before (I spanked his butt a few times a while back but it really didn't work for either of us). He is not an aggressive kid at all so to see him come running and then notice a swollen eye and redness I was upset. He had just walked back in the room and turned around and ran out screaming. I have tried to take several pics but it is just not showing up. He has a little black/blue under his eye and a little bruise right on the bone. His friend felt really bad once she realized that she had hurt him she even cried so that was good I think she really realized what she did. I don't think she meant to hurt him but she meant to hit him (make sense?). I guess we can't protect them all the time but that was a first to watch my baby get hit like that I didn't like it at all :(

I've had this dang cough forever it seems, the past 2 days it has only been first thing in the morning after I wake up from laying there all night. I feel 99% better, my throat is a little scratchy, I know that is because of the cough but I can deal with that. Logan only got a runny nose, it was for about 5 days but he never got anything else along with it so that is good.

In the TMJ news my jaw is still locked up, although I can force it open with only a slight pop now. It has been opening on it's own in the mornings for several days now but as soon as I start talking to Logan and then have breakfast it locks up again, EERRRRRR!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How funny is Logan. "before I get grumpy" that is hilarious!!! Tania