Thursday, January 31, 2008

This Cold Is Killing Me!

I have been in bed for days from this dang Sinus infection. Jeff even took the day off yesterday to take care of Logan. THIS IS A BIG DEAL, Jeff has not missed a day of work in 22 years. I was so bad Weds morning that he got out of the shower and told me he was staying home. I have not been able to sleep because I have been coughing so hard, I am depleted of all energy and patience. Thank God I am starting to feel better today, I have a little energy and my cough is starting to subside. I actually slept from 11:30 last night to 3:30 woke up and took some more of my cough syrup w/codeine and went back to sleep until 8:20 when Logan woke up. I have been sick for over a week now, it's got to end soon, my whole mid section hurts from the coughing.

My jaw is still locked up, I can pop/force it open now as it is only my right side being effected by this now (always has been worse on my right) but every time I do that I am causing damage to my ligaments and to the bone itself. I guess it fits in place like a ball and socket (kinda like a hip) so every time it snaps it cause wear and tear so to speak. I haven't been able to sleep w/my bit because of this dang cold, I will try again tonight and see how it goes.

Logan is doing great he came out of his before Christmas funk a totally loving little guy. He has always been sweet but it is a a totally different level now. He has always came to us for affection and given it but now he gives it out like he has always been here. There are no reservations or being scared, he hugs tight and often and he comes and sits in our laps on a daily basis. He craves affection and I love giving it to him. He has for the most part stopped trying to control things, he still does but it is more like a typical 3 year old not like he has to be in control or he is going to lose it. His potty issues are completely gone, I don't think he has wet his pants since just before Christmas.

Any ways, I need to rest a little before he gets up from his nap although I don't think he is going to nap today he has been up there a little over an hour just jabbing his jaws to his animals so I may just go and get him.

Thanks for staying home Jeff, I really needed the rest or I was never going to get better : )

I wanted to include this link I got off of a blog that I follow, thanks Murial for posting this, you certainly do your share of giving back :) I do not know anyone who's child(ren) have Autism but I did read a lot about it when researching International adoption. I was shocked to learn how many children are being diagnosed w/Autism and that there is no known cause or cure. I am amazed how the insurance companies can pick and choose what is covered and what is not. There is an alarming rate of children being diagnosed EVERYDAY. Please watch the video and see for yourself it is only 3 minutes and every click is helping raise funds for Autism research. Copy and paste the link and make a difference : )

http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214=20

No comments: