Friday, January 25, 2008

Florida Trip

Logan and I took off and went down to Florida to see my Dad and Step Mom for a few days. It was a spur of the moment idea and when I checked flights they were only a $150 each for round trip, how could we not go. We had vouchers from our 4 1/2 hour delay in the airport last summer that I applied and it only cost us $73 for both of us. What a great deal : ) the car ended up costing more. We left late Sunday afternoon and came home Thursday. Jeff did not go, he can't just up and go like that with work, he has to schedule time off in advance.

om.





I planned on taking him to play Putt-putt, he has been asking to go for a month now and there is just no place open around here this time of year. We went to play PP on Monday and it was no longer open so Logan still didn't get to play : ( There was a County fair going just down the road so we went there instead. I have not seen a fair that big in a very long time. There were not very many animals but tons of games, rides and "freak- shows". I could not believe the amount of food booths, we had fun, won Logan a few prizes and had some carny food for dinner, YUMMY!

Tuesday we went to Downtown Disney, Logan got to play in "Lego-Land" for a bit where there is a replica of St Basil's Cathedral, that was really cool. He loved seeing all of the figures they have down there as you can see from the pictures. I took him in the world of Disney store and let him pick out one thing, it's the Mickey in most of the pictures. He was funny there were a few things that he said he wanted and I kept saying "are you sure, you only get one thing" he finally picked up that Mickey and that was it he was not changing his mind.

We had dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe, they have a BBQ wrap that I love, I hardly ever eat there so that is what I got. When we walked in he was excited and said "Mom in the jungle" he did get a little scared when it started to storm, he said "Mom lets go to the bathroom" I'm not sure where that came from besides we just came from there and it is the only place he seen without the jungle going on. It was getting late and we were parked at the other end of the complex so we took the water taxi back, it was his first boat ride and he loved it. We had such a good time down there and the best part about it was it was not packed : )

We had planned on doing either Sea World or Cypress Gardens. I didn't want do any other of the parks because they are so big, and I don't think that Logan is old enough yet. He is not into rides or really getting close to the characters yet. He wants to see them from a few feet away, although he did give Chuck-E-Cheese a high five when we were there a while back. I want him to have great memories of his first time meeting Mickey Mouse, who he LOVES.

Wednesday we didn't do anything besides go for a walk down to the lake. Logan woke up crabby and misbehaving, we had been on the go since Sunday and we needed a break. We didn't end up doing either park we had planned on but I think what we did do was great and just enough for Logan. I started feeling like I was coming down with something Wednesday afternoon and when I woke up Thursday I felt horrible. It was not a fun day to travel and I felt bad for all the poor people around me but what could I do I needed to come home. My only symptoms are in my throat so unless I talked you would never know. Logan was ready and really started asking to come home Weds night.

He did great on this trip, he was so much better behaved than when we were in Myrtle last summer. He was a GREAT boy in the airports and on the plane especially on the way home when he knew I wasn't feeling good. I am so proud of him for listening so well and helping the way he did in the airports with us traveling alone. He was good the whole time down there until Weds and he was a lot better in the afternoon when he came out from the room from his nap. He didn't fall a sleep, he just laid in there and chit-chatted with his Mickey so I am surprised that he was in a better mood. He always falls a sleep so that was weird but who cares he came out in a much better mood.

We had a good time, it was nice to get away from the freezer we are living in. It was 12 degrees when we left and was cold all week Jeff said. We had great weather down there, when we left Florida it was 78 degree's and sunny and we came home to a high of 22 and snow on the ground, YUCK. I am still not feeling good and just laying around taking it easy.

*TMJ update* My jaw is still locked up, it has been 12 days, ouch!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi!! My name is Carrie and I have been following Adventure to Haylie. I saw where you had commented and I thought I would check out your blog. My daughter is from Novokuznetsk and we are currently waiting for a court date (we expect to go in March) to adopt our son also from Novokuznetsk. Was your son in Baby House #1? Just curious that is where my children are from. He is just too cute by the way!!

Dawn said...

Hi Carrie,

Congratulation on your new son, I hope you get word of a court date soon. Waiting for court is the hardest, I had such a difficult time leaving L behind waiting for court.

Our little guy is from Prokopyevsk, just outside of Novo. We stayed in Novo it was about an hour drive.

Thanks, we think L is just adorable : )