Friday, February 15, 2008

Nap Time and A Day Trip

So when Logan and I went to Florida he didn't get to nap at his normal time a few days because of our travels, usually I put him down at 1 and I wake him at 3:00. I have only let him sleep past 3:00 a few times (unless he was sick) and after 2 hrs 45 minutes I woke him fearful that he would not sleep at night. I always questioned if I should be waking him but it always worked for us and it didn't bother him. I have since read a few different articles that say they only should be napping 1 1/2 - 2hrs, that they do not need more than that. I have also read that it only takes missing a scheduled nap 1 or 2 times and that many children will just not nap any more. OK, any ways he even didn't take a nap one day down there, he played happily by himself in the room for 1 1/2 but never slept and only slept 30 minutes the next day.

Well since we came home he has happily went up to his room and most days has napped but at least once a week he is not sleeping. Instead relaxing and playing. I am leaving him up there for at least 1hr 15 min to 1 1/2. Logan is being well behaved right up until bed time and then he is getting a little cranky. I think the new plan is to not let him sleep longer than 1 1/2 hours because when he is napping for 2 hours he is starting to stay up late playing in his room. He does not have any toys just a few stuffed animals and books in his room but he finds ways to entertain himself. I always knew the day would come that his naps stop but I think at least until he is 4 we will have down time. I hope he still sleeps most days because I know he feels better when he naps.

Not only is Logan napping less he has been waking up about an hour earlier than he usually does. It's killing me, I have never been a morning person, I am a night owl and always have been. Logan has always gotten up around 8-8:30 so I get up around 8 and get going a little before he gets up. Well with him waking around 7 its killing me, I know poor me right.

Jeff and I took Logan to Frankenmuth Saturday. It was a nice day trip, we spent about 3 1/2 hours up there. Logan had a great time, we went to the Bavarian Inn and played some games and Logan finally got to play Putt-Putt, the poor kid has been asking for months now. I can't believe the pool wasn't an issue, he LOVES the water, he did ask a few times but we just said not now and he was good with that. He was such a good boy, another day without his nap and he did great. He did get a little crabby as we were getting ready to check out but no bug deal. I thought he would snooze in the car for a few but nope. We went to Bronner's, a kid surrounded by Christmas, of course he loved it.




No comments: