Sunday, December 7, 2008

BERRRRR!!!!!

It has just been down right COLD these past few day's more like mid January not mid December. Yesterday it was snowing before we got up and continued well after we went to bed. We got outside a little and shoveled the driveway in the morning but by mid afternoon you really couldn't tell. There wasn't enough for the snow blower and Logan wanted to shovel so that is what we did. He made a snow angel also but it was to soft to build a snowman. The funny thing is is that for as long as it snowed we only got about 2 inches total. Today we tried to got out for a bit and it was so darn COLD we came in about 15 minutes later. We need some sunshine :0) and at least 40 degrees for a few.

I'm gonna get one :0)


Today Logan was asking me why we had presents for other people under the tree and so I explained what Christmas was all about. And then I said we give to the ones we love and he asked me if there was a present for his friend Isa. It was the sweetest thing ever and made my heart melt. My little guy loves his friends and wants to think of them also :0) We have been talking a lot about the less fortunate and how we donate to the shelters and why. EVERY time we see the Salvation Army at the stores he asked for our change to put in the pot. He even did this to my Mom the other day when they were out. I had to explain that we cannot do it at every store we will go broke, LOL!

I am all done shopping, I got the last of my gifts on Friday now the wrapping begins. I have actually done some of that to but only a few. I am up in the air about wrapping gifts. I HATE the WASTE of the paper. I will recycle it but it just bothers me to use it. I wanted to not wrap L's gifts from Santa but Jeff is not liking that idea. Jeff would like me to wrap his gifts from the Jolly guy in white tissue paper because that is what Santa did for him. I am not sure I really like that idea either so time will tell. I would like to pick a paper that is more kid friendly, maybe like his favorite thing right now. I have tried to find Buzz Lightyear paper but I can't. I did find some Snoopy paper and bought a roll because he likes him. Although he has never seen the Charlie Brown shows yet because they always come on to late and he just wasn't old enough. I bought him a shirt I got on clearance for like $1.50 and I told him who they were and that I loved them as a kid. He LOVES that shirt and I know he will love the paper. So if any of you lurkers want to chime in on how Santa wraps your kiddos gifts please do, I would love to hear what others do.

We always get such a big tree and every year we say we are going smaller but we never do. Next year we a re going thinner for sure. Jeff and I have always went and cut down a tree since our first Christmas together so of course we will carry that tradition on for a very long time. This we we went to 3 different places before we found a tree. Ridiculous I know but the first place only had a very few tall tree's the second place that is only about a mile away went into foreclosure so they did not take care of their tree's and that all looked brown, not very healthy at all. We went to a place that I had seen online the night before that was about 20 minutes from where we were and it was a hidden gem. They had SOOOOOOO many BEAUTIFUL tree's it took some time to pick one out. Well actually as soon as we walked up I seen a great tree but another family had left their saw there and claimed it. We found the perfect tree and love it, it looks beautiful and smells fantastic.
This is our beautiful tree, we cut about 3 feet off the bottom.




From december 2008


When we went and cut down our tree I took some good pictures, I ended up using one for our Christmas cards. I ordered 2 different cards and the Blue one is by far my favorite. The Red one is nice but a little to formal of a picture of the 3 of us for me. I love how cute Logan looks with that Santa hat on and he was just being silly like his normal self so that picture was perfect to represent who he is :0)



I am really excited for Christmas this year. Logan is way into it and knows whats going on and it's making it that much more fun. Most of our neighbors decorate their houses and so do we so our street looks great. I am looking into going and seeing this light show next weekend. It is like a five mile drive through a park it's suppose to be spectacular so I know L will love it but I think it is like an hour drive each way so it's still up for debate. I am going to do a little more research online before we make a decision about it.

Well it's time to get my little man to bed and relax. I have been going non stop all day, actually for days now :0)

1 comment:

PattiL said...

OMg! your tree is so big! I wish we had room for one that big!