Monday, December 22, 2008

And Snow It Did...

First, Happy Birthday Jeff. I hope you had a great day :0) Happy B-day to Tania today also and my Mom tomorrow.


Since my last post we have got about 15 inches of snow. And to go along with it bitter cold temps, like 20 below with the wind chill all day yesterday. So we really can't even get out and enjoy the snow. Freezing cold, runny, red noses in a few minutes, yuck! We are expected to get about another 2/4 inches of snow and then Christmas Eve sleet/snow mix, double YUCK!

I baked my first ever Pumpkin Roll and it was fantastic, I will definitely make it again. I always thought it would be really hard but I found it rather easy.


We (Logan and I) also made frosted sugar cookies, coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate, chocolate chip cookies and buckeye's (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate). They are all very good, I think my favorite cookie is the frosted sugar, I haven't had them in years and they are just really YUMMY!. Jeff liked the macaroons the best and I think Logan liked the buckeyes the best. Oh ya, we also did some chocolate molds and I made brownies for Jeff's b-day cake.


Poor Jeff got sick with a high temp, he was nice and clamy :0( Really I think the only thing he had was a high temp and he was tired, thank God. It lasted about 2 days but the poor guy working for UPS had to go in, it's a crazy time right now there as you can imagine. We had to cancel plans we had for his parents to come by from Friday to today. And we also had some family over yesterday. I am in need of a relaxation day and I think that is tomorrow. The only thing we have to do is take some books back to the library. I really don't like to be on the roads with Logan around the stores right now people are driving like crazy and some of our roads are still bad from all of this snow.

Logan got some great gifts over the past few days and I am excited to clean out his toys after Christmas to make room for the new. We are going to take a bunch of stuff for donation before the end of the year. Aunt Chris brought his gift in the adorable bag, dont you just LOVE it. It is felt and I plan to wrap it up and put it away for him for his kids.

No comments: