Thursday, July 31, 2008

What a Nice Day : 0)

It was smokin hot out today. I had decided yesterday that we were doing something today so I asked Logan what park he wanted to go to. He had the choice of the splash park or the park/beach, he chose the beach. He had such a great time playing in the water and sand. I remember what it was like as a kid to just roll around in the sand, now I don't like it at all besides on my feet.

Jeff and I were laughing he hears this one mom telling her kids "no don't go in the sand it will get all in the carpet" Lady did you miss that you were at the beach? Some other ladies sat down close and I swear this lady must have said Tyler 100 times, come on people let them be kids. I am all about paying attention to what your kid is doing and stuff but seriously.

We had lunch at the park and he dried off and played on the playground for about 30 minutes before we headed home for his nap. On the way home Jeff and I were talking about going and seeing Jeff's grandma tomorrow and Logan was pretty insistent that we go see her today when he woke up. So I gave her a call and we headed over there for the afternoon.

When we got home his friend Jake was out so he played with him for a while before we headed in to read some books and get ready for bed. It was a long fun filled day. I can't believe I didn't take my camera around with us today. I have been slacking taking pics lately.

Logan has turned into such a smart, funny little boy. I really do have a good kid. Don't get me wrong we have our moments like yesterday he pushed his friend, what the heck. He was totally playing when it happened and was not trying to be mean but I am a keep your hands off kinda mom. I made him say he was sorry and explained that we do not do that. I asked him if he would like it and he said no. So I explained that he needed to stop and think about what he is doing and if he wouldn't like it if someone did it to him then he should not do it to others. I think he got it, I hope he got it. I talked to him about it at bed time and then I told Jeff and Jeff talked to him about it today. I hope I don't see that again :)

No comments: