Saturday, September 22, 2007

Proud Parents for 1 year!

Where do I even begin, It was 1 year ago today that Jeff and I set out with Kim and Lance on that 3 hour crazy drive to go pick up our boys forever. I was so excited and so extremely nervous. I couldn’t wait to hold you and not have to watch you leave my arms again. I had longed to be your Mom from the moment I learned of you and now it was finally real.

When we got to the baby-house they told us that you had the Chicken Pox. I will never forget your spots. Poor baby, you also had 3 molars coming in, not to mention the feelings you must have been having. When we left the baby house you looked around for about 10 minutes, then looked up at me put your head down and fell asleep. Jackson did the same thing on Kim. It was so wonderful, you just curled up on me and slept, you looked so peaceful, you both slept most of the 3 hour drive back.

This past year we have had a lot of fun but we have also had our struggles. We have formed such a bond and all of our hard work is paying off. You are definitely 2 ½,
some days you are a little terror but most of the time you are a very good boy. You have grown like a weed, you were less than 19 pounds and 29 ¾ inches just a little guy, now you are 34.8 lbs and 37.5 inches tall, crazy almost 8 inches and 16 pounds!!!!!!!!

You are so smart. I love watching you play on your little laptop and picking the letters out. You know all of your body parts, you know your right and left (most of the time). Your great at “look & find” books, actually your love for books amazes me, you used to not like me reading to you at all, now you can’t get enough. You know most of your colors and you are starting to count with me more and more. I can’t keep up with what you are saying any more and I love it when you tell me things that you did. Of course I think you are a genious.

Logan, I had no idea that I could love you more as each day passes. You have blossomed into such an out-going, fun loving, handsome little jokester. I am so honored to be your Mommy and I am looking forward to watching you grow every day.

We spent the morning at the Cider Mill, they have a great thing set up for the kids. We all enjoyed ourselves and will definitely do it again. L did not want to go on a pony ride today but he enjoyed everything else.

Happy 1 year to Kim, Lance and Jackson also, we hope you have a great day.










1 comment:

Lauri said...

Happy Anniversary....

My daughter is the exact same height & weight now & on Gotcha day as your son.


He sounds like he is really bright & clearly the center of your world

Congrats