Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall Has Arrived!

It went from 90 last week to highs being only in 60's low 70's. I am simply just not ready for fall or better yet winter, the thought of having to bundle up and being stuck inside most of the day is depressing. I LOVE SUMMER, I would rather be sweating to death than freezing any day. Logan is the same way, he likes it warm that could because it was smoking hot in that baby house. Yesterday we went for a walk and he wanted his jacket on and zipped up it was about 73.

Logan has grown so much over the summer, we had to buy him sandals twice and he is just about out of the second pair. All of a sudden the other day he no longer fits into his tennis shoes. I pulled out a pair of pants and a couple of long sleeve shirts and nothing fit. I have been watching for some sales because he needs a whole new wardrobe and he won't make it to Christmas. I have bought about 5 pairs of pants and 5 shirts enough for now because I pray we are still able to wear some shorts over the next month.

Any ways, we signed up for story time at our local library and a play group. So on Mondays we have story time and at the end of this month our play-group starts up on Wednesday. We had our first story time this past Monday, Logan loved it. The librarian Ms. Holly was great, she read about 3 books and we all sang songs, danced and then colored a picture. I thought L would love it because he LOVES books we read stories off and on all day and our bed time ritual always consist of 3 or 4 short stories. You may remember that he HATED me to read to him when he first came home but I did it any ways and about 2 months later he loved them.

I am excited about the play group last spring we did it and my friend Brenda and her daughter Callie joined us, I am hoping they are joining us again. Logan and Callie play pretty well together for a couple of 2 1/2 year olds. The kids had a good time, it is only an hour, they play, then she reads a book and the kids have a snack, they usually end it with some type of craft. It is good for the kids to get to interact and in my opinion it helps prepare them for school. We are thinking next year we will put L in Pre-school, he will be 3 1/2 and it is only 2 days a week for like 2 hours.

We went to this outdoor fair (kinda) over the weekend, they had a puppy tent and I can tell you that if it wasn't for Jeff L and I would have brought a puppy home :~) There were 2 that I just loved, oh well maybe in the next couple of years when L is old enough to help a little with it. Of course his favorite thing was the tractors, man put him on a tractor and he smiles from ear to ear.




1 comment:

Allyson said...

Just a quick note to say hello and how wonderful it is to have this blog. I live on the complete other side of the country but am able to watch this little boy through this blog, so thank you. :o) He is truly blossoming, it is so beautiful to watch and I look forward to the latest entry. What a great job you are doing with Logan and for Logan. All my love, Allyson