Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October Already

Wow, it's been a while since my last post. It is getting cooler out and the leaves are falling, it is a beautiful time of the year, the colors are amazing. We picked our pumpkin's and L and I put all of our Halloween decorations out, I'll take a pic tomorrow, we look so festive:) We have been enjoying the days, Logan now likes to walk instead of riding in the stroller. I like it to it takes a while to go around the block but it is a lot of fun, he loves the fire hydrants.

Logan is doing pretty well but We definitely have been having some issues lately, he has been very clingy, whiny and he has been very bad (he is usually a pretty good boy). I KNOW he is TWO but it is definitely something more than that, my Mom even said the other day that maybe it was something to do with his baby-house days. I can tell the difference from when he just throws himself on the floor because I told him NO or when he is suffering from something he is feeling inside. Poor baby, I wish I could have been his Mommy from the day he took his first breath, I miss that for him.

I do not think that Logan is going to have life-long effects from his Orphanage days but we still struggle sometimes. He has come sooooooo far but there are times like now that he regresses for some reason or another and then he will make a leap in the right direction, COME ON LEAP! Looking back it was every couple of months we had something going on, there was definitely a pattern.

He has started going pee in his pants, something he has never done. He had only a few pp accidents, his thing was poop. L has not worn a diaper for over 2 months (besides at night) the last week has been crazy 2, 3, 5 times in a day, WHAT THE HECK?????????? Our bedtime is turning into a whiny, crying mess. There are a whole list of things but I think you get the point. I have been holding him more often the last few days and it seems to be helping. I pray everyday that he will not suffer any negative effects from his past and be able to have wonderful relationships when he gets older.

I have also cut out the TV. Don't get me wrong we do all kinds of things besides watch TV but he was becoming OBSESSED and that was all he was wanting to do. L only watches educational, age appropriate cartoons and it really does not bother me if he gets in maybe 2 hours a day, like an hour in the morning and then again in the evening but I do not want him sitting there all day. We have revamped our day today and it seemed to work. I am so glad that our play-group started back up and I love taking him to the library for story time.

My niece Amber had her first Formal dance "Homecoming" this past weekend, she looked so beautiful. She called and wanted L and I to come over for some pics so of course we did. Her and Logan look so much alike, it's pretty funny actually. Amber loves L and she drew this picture of him for art class this year. I think it is great!



L having Popcorn after his bath
Amber & Luke
Logan and his friend Alec

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I understand those moments you are talking about... hang in there...
sometimes its one step forward & two steps back.

Your doing great & You son is adorable

Re: your question on my blog

Mu husband printed out my blog on his own and had it bound at office max... they helped him with the process.