Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We leave July 4th, YAHOO!!!!!!!

We have officially accepted V as our referral, he turned 15 months old on June 13th, my brother Darren's B-day. Our coordinator has just met him and she said he is just adorable, a little small but average size for his orphanage. Elina said he responded well, he didn't want anything to do with her (normal at that age) and then he warmed up to her and when she put him down he got very upset, I cannot wait to hold him :) I have been busy the last 2 days trying to get our flights and rooms booked, I have everything ready to go besides our in country air I am waiting to hear back from a couple of travel agents to see if they can get us a better deal then I found on our own, we'll see what they can do, if I do not hear back from them by tomorrow I will just book the flights myself I do not want to take the chance of the tickets selling out then everything would be messed up.

We leave on Tuesday, July 4th to go and meet him, this is going to be such a fast trip we land on the 5th, fly to our region the same day visit for 2 days, sign papers to petition the court for the adoption and fly back home on the 9th with an overnight stay in Amsterdam. Unfortunately we arrive early evening so we are not even going to be able to sight see, oh well maybe next time. It will be nice to be able to stretch out before that 8 hour flight back to the good old USA!

I pray that all goes well and we will get to adopt V. There is always the chance that a family member or a citizen of that country will come forward and adopt him before we get back for court. Jeff and I will do everything not to get attached after what happened last time but boy is it going to be hard after we get to hold him, right now I know anything can happen but it will be a totally different story once we meet him.

Any ways, I will try and update from over-seas but I am not sure how the internet will be, we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: