Monday, June 9, 2008

Huckleberry Railroad



Jeff was on vacation this past week and we pretty much worked around the house all week. We did make time for some fun also. We took a day trip and spent the day riding trains and showing Logan what it was like to live back in the days before all of the hustle and bustle of the world today. We got there and found out there were 1500 kids from school field trips there. SO we opted to walk the village and take a little later train. We ended up with just one other person riding in our section. We all really enjoyed the day there.

We spent about 4 hours there and then headed over to my Dad's for dinner. My Dad has moved almost 2 hours away so we weren't that far away from him up there so we decided since we were so close to head that way. Logan loves walking in the woods, he could do it all day if he could. While we were out walking we seen a dog and it freaked me out, my heart was racing all I was thinking about was getting Logan up off the ground. It turned out to be a really friendly (most likely lost) 6/7 month old. She tried to get my Dad to pet her but he wouldn't. Then another dog came out of the woods and she seen it and they took off together. The other dog didn't even come close to us or even try to approach us but OMG my heart was ready to come out of my chest. I think the guy's were laughing at me :) But, all and all we had a great day!


When were done I will post some pictures of our latest project that we have been working on for a week now. We have an in-ground pool and while our yard is of course fenced in, the pool is TOTALLY exposed. We decided it was best to fence just the pool in so that way Logan when he is old enough can go and play in the yard by himself. I can't do anything in the yard when he is out there with me besides worry about where he is. L is very good around the pool but we are taking no chances. So there you go Mr Government thank you for our stimulus check we put it right back into the community just as you wanted us to do with it.

We had someone do the Aluminum Fende but we are doing the deck. It needs to have some handrails, post and spindles done and just the painting is taking for ever. We are almost done. and we can start doing the cutting and attaching. I just want it to be done. Oh ya, and of course they hit 2 sprinkler lines so we have more work to get done. We have had some major storms the past few days so at least our landscape and garden is getting some water. If your heading to Lowes Home Improvement and your a Visa card holder go here http://www.lifetakesvisa.com/?id=lawn_editorial2& and get your $10 off $25 or more coupon. I was so glad I found this link!


My niece turned 16 yesterday so HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN AMBER! Logan just loves her, she is about the only one beside Jeff or I that he freely hugs and kisses on.

No comments: