Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Please Stop the Whining

Man he sure is cute but his whining lately is driving me bonkers :-[



Everyone I know with kids that are 5-6 say that 3 was the most difficult age. I totally understand what they are talking about now. I think he is feeling like he still wants to be a baby but he also wants to be a big boy. I'm not sure but his whine is making me nutty. I have done it all, "Logan stop whining and talk to mommy I can't understand you" If you don't stop whining your going to time out" " I know you don't feel good when you whine/cry like that and neither do I" "Logan, tell mommy what you're upset about" I have even did a few holding times but nothing is working. EEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!He is also testing me, this I know is him just growing up, my gosh my baby is 3!

You should see my kiddo on his bike, it is so funny that he wouldn't pedal last year and now he is tying to ride no handed, he stands up and pedals and he also bounces on it as if he is trying to do a wheelie. Wouldn't that be something a wheelie with training wheels, LOL! Jeff and I have talked about taking his training wheels off and seeing how he does. Is he to young? I have read on some blogs that their kiddo's did around 3-3 1/2. I always thought around 5 and that's what seems to be the "norm" in my neighborhood. OK all you lurkers out there leave me a comment on this one, I want your feedback.

Logan had his 3 year well visit and he definitely did all the catching up that was needed. 97% for weight and she said 78 for height but he was sunk down and twisted trying to see what the heck was on his head so I do not think she got his correct height. I measured him twice at home and he was about 1/2 inch taller here 39 3/4. He answered all Dr. Burton's questions, first and last name, age, boy/girl, etc. and she could understand him clearly. One thing that is so unbelievable to me is how well he pronounces his words. He has problems with S's (very common) but other than that for only talking not even a year yet he talks really well. It was the end of July last year that his speech just exploded.

He is a lot of fun right now also, just watching him explore and study things is so much fun. He is not a sports kid, I think he is more of a cub scout kinda kid. He need to know how everything works, take it apart put it back together, It is something watching him turn into this amazing little person.

Here is something funny. Jeff, I think I forgot to tell you this. The other day we had to call my mom so I let Logan dial the number. He puts the phone up to his ear and I hear him say something which I think is Sheryl B----- please so I asked him what he said and he says "Sheryl B------, please" I laughed so hard and then he says to me what that's her name. I just laughed and said your right. I call my mom at work most of the time because that seems to be where she is always at. How great is that that he picked up on that just from listening, I am still chuckling about that one.

No comments: