Monday, May 19, 2008

Adoption Ark Picnic

This past weekend we drove to Chicago for a picnic that our adoption agency put on for all the families that have completed an adoption with them. I LOVE Adoption Ark. I am so glad that we decided to go, it was Jeff's idea. I didn't think he would want to go but when I told about it he said he said "let's go". I am always up for a good surprise : )

We got to meet Elina, she was our coordinator at first until she went to Russia to keep up their good standing with the Russian Officials. They make that trip once a year, AA really is great, if you are thinking of adopting check them out. Elina got to meet Logan when he was in the baby-house, she held him and played with him, she sent us our referral of Logan from Russia. I got a little teary eyed when I gave her a hug, of course L thought she was pretty and flirted a bit like he always does with pretty women.

Logan HATED the clown, he said it scared him. I felt bad for him he just wanted to stay outside away from the clown. They had the picnic at a horse farm that also has a petting zoo and a building for parties. They had food, drinks, music, a moonwalk and a hay ride. Every kid got a bucket filled with goodies. We really had a great time and will definitely be going again next year. We hope Kim, Lance and Jackson can make it nest year (hint, hint Kim :) )

I made sure the hotel we stayed at had an indoor pool, Logan and Jeff swam every day including before we left Sunday, check out was not until 12:00. We stayed at Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. That was the longest L has been in a car at one time, he did great. On the way there we stopped at a park for lunch and had a picnic and let him play a while. He never took his nap he stayed awake the whole ride, he was so excited. He did fall a sleep on the way home for about and hour and half so it may the ride a lot faster, we only stopped 3 time's briefly and were on our way :)

Pictures soon, I wanted to update but no time to upload my pics.

No comments: