Friday, May 30, 2008

Logan Update!

Logan is such a funny kid, he has such a great sense of humor. He says the funniest things to me and I really need to start keeping track of them on here. We had to cut some cement out around the pool and Jeff took some and made a stepping stone for Logan's hand and when I wrote his name in it he said "can't you put little stinker" he-he he is so funny. I guess we need to stop calling him that. Hard to do, we have been calling him that since Moscow. He is doing so good with his ABC's, he knows all but 3 letter's and can usually count to about 12 by himself and of course all of his colors. We work on these things a couple times a week so not all the time but enough I think. He knows his full name and Vladimir is not an easy one :) He can say hi in Mandarin, Spanish and Russian (that's all I know) we are working on good-bye and thank you in Russian also. He knows our names and the street we live on. He knows all of his shapes so we are starting to work on the harder ones now. My mom walked in last week and she got new glasses, Logan noticed right away and even said nanny there rectangles.

He is still growing like a weed, I think the last couple of weeks he has sprouted up a bit but I haven't checked his height since we went for his 3 yr well visit. His pronunciation and vocabulary amazes me. He has just really started to like movies I think his favorite is Toy Story either one it doesn't make a difference. He is incredible on the computer. I have been thinking about getting him in preschool in the fall but I am so up in the air about it. I have until Monday morning at 9:00 am to make up my mind or his spot is gone, eerrrr, what to do. I think socially he will benefit and taking direction from another adult besides close family is a positive but I am just not sure. I don't want him to get into kindergarten and be bored, plus we do a lot of Mommy and Me things together and I don't want to give that stuff up, what to do, what to do?

We had a play date a couple of weeks ago and the little boy was pretty mean to Logan and scared him pretty bad and my little guy has been a meanie since. I am just not sure what that is all about maybe he is mad at me because he doesn't feel like I protected him I am not sure but man he is being a little stinker to me. He has really started to bond with Jeff lately so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. He always wants me to help him no one else and he actually told me the other day that he wanted Jeff to help him, I almost fell over. Why it broke my heart, I also JUMPED for joy :)

No comments: