Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Priceless!!!!!!

Hearing your son say I Love You back for the first time without prompting......PRICELESS!!!!! For the first time today I said I love you to L and he said it right back, it was so heart melting. He said it back to Jeff a couple of day's ago and I could see the look in Jeff's eye's that his heart had just melted, I now know that feeling :-) You have come so far in the last 11 months Logan, you amaze me EVERYDAY.

Logan has changed so much in the past month. His speech is unbelievable, he started of course repeating and in the last 2 weeks he has not stopped. He is just about saying 10-20 new words a day, this morning it started by him saying
"Coffee Mommy". He is now saying new words on his own without hearing it first. He hardly uses any of his signs any more, I loved watching him sign, it is so cool. It just goes to show you they are so much smarter than we give them credit for when their that young. They really do have a lot to say and I think everyone should try it, Logan picked up on it really fast and it seemed very easy for him. I will see if I can find some video of him doing some of them and post it. In his speech class that is what they said would happen, when we go for his review I am sure he is not going to qualify for services but that's OK we both really liked it and had a lot of fun.

He is starting to tell me stories, We were on a walk not long ago and he was telling me about the cat that was in our neighbors yard, MONTHS AGO!! I asked him if he wanted a Rice Crispy treat and he said Busia and then started telling me about the Train that he seen when we were there about 2 months ago. He is such a happy little guy and so smart.

He is really starting to recognize his letters about 15 of them. I bought him this lap top and it has a matching letter game on it and he loves it. He has had it for just a few days and has not stopped playing with it, first thing in the morning "Hi Mommy, puter". It is a Thomas and Friends Learn & Explore Laptop, with a mouse, it is recommended for 3 and up and I see why but there are a few games that he is able to play, he is not getting frustrated and he just likes turning it on and off, it plays music :) I would post a link but mine never work, there has to be something easy I am missing here on my blog when it comes to pasting a link because I have no problem doing that any where else, any suggestions from you lurkers?

We had some issue's for about 8 days after vaca but L seems to be back to himself the last 2 days, THANK GOD :) He was clingy, whiny and just being bad all the way around, he did a lot of standing up against the wall. He does not like that at all so it is really working.

I still can't believe we will be home 1 year in a month, crazy. So much has happened in that year, way more than I have ever talked about here in blogger land. Maybe more of that later, you never know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The reason Logan is so advanced is because of you and the things you do with him everyday. He is lucky to have a Mom like you..Happy B day love....J

Unknown said...

Dawn and Jeff,
Logan is doing GREAT the two of you are TERRIFIC parents.
Love Mom and Dave