Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacation or was it?

I guess I shouldn't complain, the weather was great all but 1 day and then it was just cloudy on that day, no wash outs. Logan did have an hour here and there that he was good :) not throwing something or himself on the floor or even the sand. It did not help that I was PMSing and bloated.

It started out OK but by the time our flight was 2 hours delayed we were getting a little frustrated. We tried to make the best of it but after sitting in the Airport for 6 hours I said to Jeff "I hope this is no indication for what's in store" I should know by now to just keep my mouth shut.

We finally did get to Myrtle Beach at 4:00 and Logan slept for the 20 minute drive back to our room. He slept good the 5 days we were gone and that is about all that he did good. He had no appetite, he was only in a good mood for about the first 10 minutes of the day. He did LOVE the Ocean and playing in the sand. A couple of other first for him was playing Putt-Putt and we went to the Ripley's Aquarium and he loved all of the fish. Logan is not shy at all and just went up to other kids and started playing in the sand with them, he was is funny and cute.

I think it was all just a bit much for him, first and foremost he is 2, second it was his first time not staying at home and third we stayed with my Mom, Step-dad and Nephew so there was always something going on, not enough down time. I did stick to his schedule, he napped and went to bed pretty close to the same time as always and meal time was right on also. If we would have had our own place I think it may have been a little better but who knows.

I was very glad he had no trauma triggered from the plane ride, I was worried about that but he was excited and really seemed to enjoy checking everything out. On Wednesday he started saying "Mommy Home" over and over again. I am glad we did not go Saturday to Saturday and cut it short we went Sunday to Friday and that was plenty long. Our first night home was full of tantrums, yesterday was a little better and today he seemed to back to himself for the most part. He is still throwing things on the floor so I have decided if it goes on the floor he is done with what ever it is for a few days.

OK, enough bitching. It is nice to be home and today he seems to be doing better still not totally himself but close. On a POSITIVE note L has decided that he will go 1 & 2 on the potty now and we went the whole day today WITHOUT a diaper besides at nap time and had no accidents. He went #2 for the first time on the potty on vacation, YAHOO! He has been going pee-pee for about 2 months now and I decided that I was not even going to ask him to go on the potty anymore because I didn't think he was ready but since he went poop I am going for it. He is only 28 months so we are way ahead of where I thought we would be, I wasn't even going to start trying until he was 3 but I guess he has a different plan :) Good Job Logan!

Here are some pics from vaca, the first one I had to post, this lady looked hilarious I had to take the picture, I am sure you will get a laugh also.


Just When you thought You Seen It All!!!!






Ripley's Aquarium







href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEin3y0nNbxU-geVc-j5Yrh-5kdzzZmoz7cqe8JJSG8hc1FgWYQhpN-P0Qz2YJt6J_Oh7VlIEeUmOt_CnWg4lqbIsK_-oCImRoY0VB0OqmmlUqrkPdcORv1oQ5S7NAE7-t-7tWSU_Q/s1600-h/DSCN2289.JPG"> Austin Riding The Bull

Putt-Putt

At The Pier

No comments: