Friday, July 6, 2007

1 Year Metcha Day

I will never forget the day we met you. As we sat in Dr Lubmilla's office listening to her tell us all about you I heard the door open behind me, when I turn around there you were. My dear sweet beautiful boy who I longed for for so many years. I always new there was a reason why no baby ever came, I know it was because of you. We were ready for you but you were not ready for us and finally you were, you were worth the wait.

Our visits with you were great. You were so serious on the first day, you analyzed everything, you still do. It took everything to get you to crack a smile and finally at the end of the day you did. You didn't not want to leave me when your care-taker came for you and it was so hard to hand you to her. We gave you a lot of hugs and kisses and bid you farewell to the next day.

The next day was wonderful, they woke you up from your nap so you were a bit cranky at first but you soon warmed up, you even laughed :) We decided to get you up and moving and before we knew it you took your first steps by yourself, Yahoo Logan! You snuggled into us, held our hands and even looked into our eye's a little bit. Our visit came to an end all to soon it seemed just as we were all getting really comfortable it was time to leave, THE HARDEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

We had faith in our agency and I think that is what got us through such a difficult time. Leaving our baby was tough but we knew Adoption Ark would get us back to you our son as fast as legally possible. We missed you for the next 11 weeks, that was definitely the longest 3 months of our lives. When we got that call for court I knew it was the agency, the phone rang about 1:00 am, who calls that late. I am so glad we only had five days to get out of the US any more than that I would have went nuts:)

It has been such an incredible year, you amaze your Dad and I everyday. We love you more than words could ever say and it is such an honor to be your parents, we have been truly blessed.

I love you baby,
Mommy

I hope you all like the pics and my other first, VIDEO. The first video is from the first visit w/L. The second one I took today. The Pics are from our first 2 visits with L and of the last couple of days. Our time stamp is wrong, in Kemerovo it is
12 hrs ahead of us so when we met L it was 10:30pm here on July 5th, so it was 10:30 am there on the 6th so you could say I guess it was the 5th or 6th depending on where you were, LOL. Any ways, I hope you enjoy the show.





Cool Slideshows!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Honey!!! All those photos made me cry.... I remember meeting you guys in Moscow right after you'd met Logan for the first time and seeing all your pictures. The pure joy on your faces told the entire story.... you'd found your son.

Those VERY long weeks we waited between trips, made bearable by hours long conversations on the phone, the tears, laughter and fear were all worth it in the end.

Your courage, tenacity and love made Logan all that he is today. He is so very blessed to have you as his parents, as I am blessed to call you my friend.

I love you guys and am so very happy to be a part of your lives.

HAPPY "METCHA" DAY LOGAN!!!!

Kim, Jackson and Lance