Sunday, July 9, 2006

July 4th, What a day!


Today I said farewell to the most beautiful, best dog in the world, my beloved Baylee, she was 13 ½ years old (85 in people years). Last night when I was dropping her off at my Mom’s she started to bleed so I took her to the emergency vet, they informed me that she had a ruptured tumor and they needed to operate. I got the call at about 12:30 that her surgery went well and she was recovering nicely, then this morning they called me back telling me that she had taken a turn for the worst but she was OK. Jeff said we should take a ride to see her just in case something happened while we were gone. We went to the vet and they took us into a room to tell us that just a minute before we got there she had passed away. This day is definitely bitter sweet we left on a plane at 4:05 pm to go meet V the little boy we hope to adopt and at the same time I cannot stop the tears for Baylee.

It always seems like nothing in my life ever comes easy, it seems like there is always a give and take. I know Jeff and I have a great life and Baylee was going to go sooner or later because of her age but gosh today of all days, I was not prepared for her parting us at all. When we got to my Moms you would have never known anything was ever wrong with her she was running around like a puppy but I guess her old heart could just not take the surgery and it was her turn to go, I just wish I could have seen her one last time before she left us.

I will always have a special place in my heart for her and fond memories, she truly was THE BEST DOG IN THE WORLD!

No comments: