Monday, July 24, 2006

I Miss Our Babies

OK, our 6-8 weeks are now down to 4-6 weeks, it sure has been a long 2 weeks. I hope these days start to pick up. I cannot believe it will be almost 2 months before we see him again :( Now that we have actually held our son in our arms the waiting is so much more difficult. I could watch our video every day, Logan is just perfect and we cannot wait to go and get him.

I have been keeping myself busy, I worked almost every day last week. I have went and bought a few rompers that will be perfect for our long journey home with Logan, snaps from head to toe. I got a really great deal on a cool Peg Pergo stroller that was on clearance. I was going to wait and buy a stroller until after we got home and just make it with the cheap umbrella stroller I got for travel but I just couldn't pass up the deal :). I bought a great baby sign-language book, I think that will really help Logan with the language barrier and be very good for his development. I also ordered a couple of books, one is on attachment skills and the other is for our friends and family to help them understand why it is so important to limit his care to just Jeff and I for a while. My friend Shannon described it the best she said "He (Logan) needs to seek Jeff and I out for help before anyone else".

I had all of these things that I wanted to do but of course when they brought Logan into the room all of my senses went looney. I wanted to trace his feet and look and see what size he was wearing and I didn't do any of it, so now it's a big guessing game. He is tall and lean so I am guessing between 12 & 18 month, I think 12 right now but by the time we get there maybe close to 18.

I miss Baylee also, it is really strange not having her meet me at the door when I get home or rubbing her head and giving her a kiss good-night.

I hope to be able to post good news within the next week or two. Please pray for us to go and get Logan soon.

No comments: