Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Comments

Here are a few of my favorite comments that people have said or say, I find them very strange. I thought I would address them here, please, no one take offense, I have just been bothered by these comments and I wanted to put it out there on how they make me feel, so here are a few of my favorites.

"Don't get attached to him until you get that court date" First of all it is way to late, I fell in Love the moment I touched him (actually the moment I saw his referral photo). I find that comment very strange, would one say to a pregnant women to not get attached until the baby is born because anything can happen, I DON"T THINK SO.

"After what happened to you guy's last time I cannot believe your doing this again" Would you say to a woman who had a miscarriage that you can't believe she would try again, NO, at least I HOPE NOT.

Another good one is "As soon as you get that baby home you are going to get pregnant because you'll be more relaxed and focused on something else" I really hope that does happen, it would be great but we have been trying to have a baby for 4 1/2 years and it hasn't happened yet. I will be very surprised if it does, I know that it has happened to many but ADOPTION DOES NOT CURE INFERTILITY, there is only a 5% chance of that happening, about the same as when we stopped our infertility treatments.

"What's the story with his real Mom" just because one gives birth does not make them a REAL MOM, We are his REAL parents and that is a very personal question that I feel only Logan has the right to know.

I know people do not mean any ill will and they are just concerned for us but
COME ON, think before you speak. This process is very trying, We need positive comments and support, instead of saying, I hope it works, change that comment to I know things are going to be just fine for you guys and if you can't muster that then please say NOTHING AT ALL.

I know a lot of people do not understand adoption but Jeff and I ARE PREGNANT, we are just not carrying our baby but he is VERY REAL and so is our love for him. We still have concerns (maybe even a little more) and cannot wait to have our baby home with us. It is as if I gave birth, spent a few days with him and now we are not allowed to see him for a couple of months. The waiting is getting a little harder every day, please say prayers that we will be re-united with him very soon.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Hello Dawn~

As your friend I would like to comment on this post by offereing a couple of suggestions...

Please don't give precious energy & light to such negativity. This means yours as well as anyone elses. It is a blessing when practiced.

Remember it is simply their thought, not yours. Please always address these comments to whom they are attached when the occur OR a.s.a.p. if you later find yourself upset about something said earlier. (I realize you may have done this part.)

Then, if it happens again you may want to take a hard look at the relationship and decide if it is worth keeping... friend OR family.

Okay, enough...

As always I wish you the very best and support you completely.
Love & Blessings, Allyson