Saturday, April 14, 2007

Getting back on track

A few post ago I talked about how Logan was having a hard time. Well with much encouragement from Kim (Thank You) I got through holding time. It was probably the longest 45 minutes of both of our lives (mine & L's) but what has followed is LOVE, amazing. So we have been doing holding time for about the last 3 weeks and what a difference it has made in just such a short time. The affection that L has started showing is sooooooo great, he actually called for me from his crib for the first time EVER 2 days ago, YAHOO!!!!!! I am now known as BA (MA) finally after 6 1/2 months I am not just an aahhhhh :)

There have been a few times in the last week that Logan has just wanted me to hold him and lay in my lap for some snuggling and singing, poor baby he must really love me to want me to sing to him I'm AWFUL! This has just started since doing our holding times, I think he is finally letting go of his fears and he may be ready to love, I am so happy for him. He still has his moments when he really just does not want to make eye contact w/me so we are really working on that. Slowly but surly we are getting there.

He has come such a long way in 6 months, I am so proud of him, he has been trying to master a jump for months now well as of yesterday he finally got off the ground, twice, WOOHOO! The first time was really good and he landed on his feet, the second one he landed on his butt and laughed away. Much applause and kisses followed these new skills, YOU GO LOGAN. He is holding steady at 30 pounds but his height has just shot up again in the last couple of weeks, he is now 34 and 3/4 inches that's 5 inches since coming home, WOW.

No comments: