Monday, September 4, 2006

OK, I know I have not posted in a while but it's because not much has been going on. Jeff and I are both moody and really want to go get Logan. It has been 8 weeks since we signed those papers petitioning the court for the adoption and it feels like there is no end in sight. I was told at the begging of August not to expect court until September and now of course it's September and I was told most likely not until October. I am not sure how much more of the waiting I can take, I just wish our baby was home with us getting all the love and nourishment he needs. I just wish they could give us a court date even if it is not for 6 more weeks, at least we would know something, this not knowing is for the birds:(

Ally, at our agency asked me to DHL (I know not UPS but UPS does not go to Russia) the last of our Dossier over to Kemerovo, they have started to translate our documents so that is good and I really think our letter will be back in the next week. The only thing they need from us is our medical, we had to wait to last minute because it is only good for 3 months, so please pray hard that they do not expire because if they do that means it would be like 5 months after our first visit and I will seriously have to be put in a rubber room to bounce off of some walls for a while if it takes that long for us to bring our baby home. This is all so unfair for the children to have to sit there and wait for their families to come back and bring them home, how is this for the best interest of the children, have someone come and love you for a couple of days and then not see them again for OH LETS SAY 4 MONTHS.

We met a couple in Moscow, Kim and Lance who are adopting from the same baby-house and they had one document that has to go also so we are splitting the cost, which is nice because it is so darn expensive to ship over-sea's. Kim and I have become friends and try and talk once a week, we know exactly what the other is going through, we are at the same point in our journey, waiting for court. They went to Russia to meet their son Jackson as Jeff and I left the country. I really hope and pray that we all will be traveling together, most likely we will.

Any ways, that is the last that I heard, not to expect court until October, it has to be then, if not we will fall into the Holidays and we probably would not get to go back until after the first of the year and I know my heart or mind could not take that. As soon as I know something I will post it. I hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend, until next time.

No comments: