Friday, September 15, 2006

Leaving On A Jet Plane!!!!!!!

I can't believe it we finally got the call and so here the story goes.

I had just went to bed and about 10 minutes later I heard the phone ringing at 1:00 am I seen a 415 area code and I new either it was good or very bad. Well it was GREAT, Elina was on the line telling me that our release letter has arrived and she asked if we could be in Russia for a court date on the 21st, I said of September and she said yes so I replied, of course, yes we would move heaven and earth to be there to get our son. Well that is only a week away and in order for us to make it we would have to leave by Monday. On Thursday September 21st Jeff and I will be the proud parents of Logan Vladimir Jarema, DOB March 13, 2005. I wish I could attach a couple of photo's but it is against Russian law so I will wait just a few more days.

I could not fall a sleep so I started making calls to the airlines and got our tickets book. There were still Visa's, airline tickets needed in Russia and a hotel/apartment. I got it all done, by 6:30 pm I had all of our stuff booked Passports in the mail to get our Visa's. We did an urgent Visa and they are being shipped Fed Ex so please Fed Ex don't screw anything up. I just got our air tickets in the mail so that is all set now but please pray that our Passports are back on Saturday.

Of course I was so tired, I had only slept from about 5 am to 7:10 am. I took a sleeping pill at about 6:30 Thursday night and slept from 7:00 pm until 5:00am Wednesday morning and the race was on again. I have to do laundry and get everything ready for our son and us, we will be gone about 10 days. Thank God I did get most of the house ready for him while in my nesting stage (the last 4 1/2 years, LOL). I will try and update our blog while in Russia but we may have our hands full with our adorable little guy.

We leave Detroit on Monday September 18th arrive in Kemerovo, Russia on Wednesday the 20th at 5:50 am. I think we will get to go see Logan that day and then we have court on the 21st. I pray they waive the 10 day waiting period so we get out of there on time if not we may not be back until sometime in October. As of now we should be home on September 28th. Everyone please say prayers that our 10 days gets waived and we can pick Logan up right after court.

Jeff and I have been through so much tyring to have a baby, I just cannot believe we are really going to be parents, WOW. Did I mention just how adorable he is, if not he is just the most beautiful baby I have ever seen :)

2 comments:

Halen Jace said...

Dawn & Jeff,

I cannot express how much joy I feel for you! As a recently new mom myself, I understand the yearning to be with your child. Logan will probably be the most loved child on the earth and a very lucky little boy to say the least. He is so precious! When I look at him, he resembles you. (and I'm not just blowin smoke)Isn't that funny how that can be? I wish you a safe and speedy journey and when the time is right, I can't wait to meet him!!!

Allyson said...

Hello...

Oh boy...I just lost my beautiful blog entry. Bugger, the blog ate it. Oh well.
I guess I could write a wonderfully deep comment but I have done that so many times via email and so many phone calls. So, I simply want to say here Thanks Goodness you are on your way to Russia. I can soon stop stalking your blog and simply check it like a normal person. These days I am all to eager for the next post. (I have been checking although I know you are on a plane, I have problems, no?)
I am here to send you positive thoughts for a speedy court process, a FAST turnaround and an especially smooth transition for Logan (all of you). Many, many blessings and Love, Allyson, John and Wyatt xoxo