Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!!!

Wow, I need a break :0) It seems like we have just been on the go every day for a while now. The end of summer came so fast and I cannot believe it's dark around 8:00 already. I do not like the cold although as I am getting older I do not like it really hot either.

Over the Labor day weekend we were very busy. I went out Friday, Saturday we went out to dinner, Sunday we had people over and on Monday we went to the state fair and then had our neighbors over for a swim. My neighbor got us free tickets to get in and as we pulled in to park the lady in front of us gave us free parking tickets, awesome.

Logan has decided that he wants to ride the rides so we got him a wrist band because that was the best deal at $25. I just still can't get over that my 3 yr old wrist band was the same as an adults. First off he isn't tall for a lot of the rides to go without an adult so we had to get some tickets also. And of course the people at the counter are running a huge scam. They got my neighbor and I for a total of 20 bucks. They take your money first, ask you to hold up your kid to the window, stamp their hands first and then put on a band. All the while never giving you your change back and minutes have went by so your mind is else where. They should have handed us our change right away before making us hold up our kids. LA realized about 5 minutes later and we both checked and neither of us had the change due back to us. I wonder how many other suckers they got? When we both went back up to the booth there were no questions, they looked behind a piece of paper and just handed it right to us, JERKS.

I signed L up for 2 different library classes. We started our first one for the fall today. We have done several library classes at our local library but today we went a city over and I am so glad we did. Logan had a blast, Ms. Meagan sang songs, read books and they played a few games. We got new neighbors a bit ago so while we were out for our daily walk yesterday we stopped by and told them about it. Isa is 3 1/2 just like L. I was so glad to see them walk in today. The kids had fun with each-other and made some new friends also. I like Jennifer the Mom and we parent a lot alike so that is nice.

Our local library is starting a baby-sign class. Where was that 2 years ago when L first came home. Although I loved teaching them to him. He was really good with his signs and he picked them up very quickly. He will still do some of them if you ask and he show's some babies if you ask him to, way cute! Any ways, we are going back to our local library because he has moved up and it is a different librarian. Ms. Holly was VERY boring and could not really hold the kids attention. That class starts on Thursday so we will see how the new lady is. I love the library because it is FREE first of all and they have great things for the kids.

I am not sure we will do play group anymore, L seems a little old now for the group that seems to gravitate there. I am still thinking ice skating come January so for now I think we will stick to the library twice a week. We have also started to sit down twice a week and do some pre-school work sheets. Logan loves them and he is pretty good at them. We went to the store and he picked out his own folder to keep his work in. He had to get a monkey because that is what his Nanny loves so he does to.

No comments: