Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Stuff I want to remember

That boy of mine is so darn cute and funny. Logan has been potty trained for over a year now but at night he still wears a pull-up. Yesterday he woke up wet so he got up changed his pants but kept the pull-up on and laid back down. I told him he can get up and go potty any time he needs to and to take his pull-up off. I thought it was so funny that he changed his pants but left the soaking wet pull-up on :0)

Yesterday we are driving down the road when he asked me "why did daddy and you get married" (I can't believe at 3 he is asking this) so I told him because we loved each-other and wanted to have a family. Then he asked "is it because you wanted to be a princess" I said no why and he said "you looked like one, you dressed like one" AAAHHHHHHHHH, what a sweaty.

We have always talked about adoption, L knows he was born in Russia and that he is adopted. I know he does not "get it" now but he will later and I don't want it to be a foreign thing so it is talked about freely. I have told him that my tummy was broken and so I couldn't carry a baby in my belly like other Mommies. Today as we went up stairs for his nap he started asking me questions about my belly not working and who's belly he was in. I was a little taken back because he has never asked any questions before about adoption or my belly not working. I told him that he got carried in someone else's belly and he asked me who so I told him the name of his BM (birth-mom) and that she was in Russia. Then he asked me if we picked him up in a car and where he lived. WOW such BIG questions from a 3 year old. I expected these types of questions later. I am glad he is curious about it and I will do the best I can to give him honest answers. I truly believe he is the only one who has the right to know anything about his adoption. I believe it is his information to share when he wants.

Having a conversation with my little man is incredible. He talks up a storm and uses pretty big words. I decided not to put him in 3 yr old pre-school and wait until next year. He is a pretty smart kid and I don't want him to get into kindergarten and be bored out of his mind. He will go to 4 yr old pre-school for 3 days next fall. This year we are just going to do things together again. I think we are going to do some ice skating lessons in January. Not sure what we are going to do this fall yet still looking into it.

Logan has grown so much, He is now 41 inches and 40 lbs. They had a health fair that I took Logan to last week and we got a lot of free stuff. L got a back pack and we filled it to the rim with goodies. My arm was sore by the time we left. We went there actually for this program for missing kids. I took L last year and his info didn't get transfered to their new server, long story. They do fingerprints, take pictures and give DNA kits. All of this information is stored so the police can get all your kiddo's info in seconds if they were to heaven forbid ever come up missing. They also gave these cards with their picture and thumb print and a place for your signature. It so they can be treated medically if you are not reachable, perfect for the baby sitter. Go here and check it out, it is a valuable and free service. www.rapidsearchnetwork.com

Now I must run, my little stinker just came down stairs form his nap and by the way he never went to sleep. Two days in a row now with no nap, EERRRR come 5/6 tonight its going to be a long one.

No comments: