Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Over Stimulation = TANTRUMS

I knew we would pay but at least he had fun while it was going on. So last week we had the time change and a loss of 1 hour of sleep came w/that. Not that big of a deal for an adult but for a 2 year old it is everything especially when they love sleep. That was on Sunday the 11th the same day as Logan's party. Monday we had school, Tuesday the Zoo. We took Weds off and then I had a little party for Logan w/friends at the mall on Thursday, WOW a busy week. Needless to say Logan was way over-stimulated, I totally expected it.

I had decided that we were going to lay low for the weekend until school on Monday. Well by Sunday he was back to himself, thank God! One more temper tantrum and I was going to kick and scream with him, LOL. We didn't make it to school this past Monday because the little cutie woke up sick on Monday morning. He had a temp, had pucked and was just not feeling well. It was the first time Logan had fell a sleep anywhere in the house besides his crib since coming home, well he fell a sleep on the floor our first 2 days home but I am sure that was from pure exhaustion. He just wanted to be held all day on Monday. He spiked a really high fever on Monday night but a little Motrin brought it down to at least 100.3, he had a little fever when he woke up on Tuesday so I gave him another dose of Motrin and it brought it down to normal where it has stayed. He only got sick twice and that was on Monday morning, poor baby.

Logan has been a crazed terror these past 2 days, I am talking MAJOR MELT DOWNS. I know he was not feeling well but today he felt great. Yesterday it was one after another all day. Today it was about an hour this morning and then again about 20 minutes tonight. I have never seen him this upset, he has been pulling my hair, throwing things at me, screaming in my face, hitting me and throwing himself on the floor and rolling around for 20 minutes at a time just uncontrollable or inconsolable. Today he did not hit me because he had enough time outs yesterday he didn't want to go there again. I have tried to do time-outs when he goes into these tantrums, time-ins are not working either. I know he is a toddler and melt downs come with the terrible two's but he has never acted this way except once when we first got home. I pray for him that what ever he may be going through heels quickly.

I think the mall was a great idea and we all had fun. The kids range in age from 9 months to 2 Logan being the oldest. Tyler is 22 months, Cailee is 20 months, Maddie 13 months and Halen 9 months. They all had fun in the play area and the pizza and grapes were enjoyed by all. We took a spin on the carousal, Logan only likes to sit in the cups or on a bench, funny. I shared a few picture, enjoy! There are also a few picks of our little sick cutie man snoozing on the couch and just relaxing on the floor when he was not feeling well.







No comments: