Thursday, February 1, 2007

Growing Like A Weed!

I cannot believe how much Logan has grown. When we went to the Pediatrician about 2 weeks after we came home he was barley on the US growth charts, only at 3% for his height and weight. That means 97% of kids in his age group were bigger than him. We took him to the Ped about 2 weeks ago, he was getting a cold and it sounded like it dropped into his chest, it didn't thank God and only stayed in his head. He had went from that 3% to 50% in weight, his height was still low but making progress, he went to the 10%, wahoo! Well yesterday when he woke from his nap he just looked taller to me so we went into his closet and measured him on the wall (we have been doing a height chart on the inside of his closet wall, too cute) he is now 33 inches, he was 32 2 weeks ago. He has jumped to the 25% for his height now, WOW, you go Logan. He has really started to say words, yogurt, cracker, Mom, Dad, Papa, Cheese, Oprah, Happy, Russia (SSSSShia) sssssock, sssshoe and he is starting to try and repeat us. We go for a speech evaluation on Feb 26th, I really hope he qualifies for this free service thru the school's, I think it will be great for him. He really has made such AWESOME progress in 4 months.

It is funny I have had people say to me that I must be very proud of myself and that it must be so rewarding to see how well Logan is doing, all of the signs I have taught him and how happy he is. I never looked at it that way, I am his MOM and it is my job to teach him and to make him happy. BUT, after I have been hearing this from people I started thinking about it and yes it is a wonderful feeling to know he is THRIVING.

We had our first PPR (Post Placement Visit) last night. This is a requirement by the Russian Government, we have to do one at 6 months home, no it has not been 6 only 4 but it has to get written, the proper signatures, a notary stamp and then a state apostilled on it and then sent to CA to get translated. It will go from there to the Kemerovo Region in Siberia, Russia. I cannot wait for the officials to see how GREAT Logan looks, as our travel companion Kim said, He is a far cry from the "Chicken Man" that we picked up in Russia. Thank you Lisa, it was great to see you, hopefully it wont be so long next time.

Look for my next post. I need a little more time than I have now to write on the subject of Attachment Parenting and the importance of it. I have been criticized for it and have even lost relationships with some people because they do not agree with it. But any ways, more later, I gotta run, I have a munchkin demanding my attention :)

No comments: