Thursday, April 6, 2006

Our lovely Government

Well I was so excited when I checked the mail yesterday to see a letter from the Office of Homeland Security, I opened it up to find a letter from them asking us for more documents not our I-171H that I thought it was. I was expecting it any day and now we hit a little bump in the road. It is nice not working days I was able to take care of it right away and Jeff and I hand delivered them a certified copy of my divorce decree, I sent a photo-copy but I guess that was not good enough even though that is what they asked for, all of our other documents had been photo-copies not original. I think it is just another way for them to have a power-trip orphan unit was transferred to Detroit and it seems like everything goes so much slower down there than in the rest of the state. The letter was so vague that I along with 2 others that read it got confused by what they were asking for but thankfully I was able to get a call in first thing this morning and they only need 1 thing not 5 like it said. So Jeff and I flattened that bump quickly.

Any ways, no other news yet, I spoke with our agency at the beginning of the week about a referral and they said maybe next week if not by the end of April for sure. I hope so it has been a month since they have had our documents but they have only been over seas for about 2 weeks. They told me about a month, lets see how much longer it takes, I really am trying to be patience but trying to be a Mom for 4 years is getting old. I hope I get to post good news soon.

No comments: