Thursday, March 2, 2006

Finger Prints

We went for our finger-prints on Weds. March 1st, that was a big step forward. We have also decided to make the switch to another agency. I feel like I finally have some clarity of what is going to happen. The first agency we picked is great but with what is going on in Russia with the post placement reports and the child abuse cases its scary, they are just not sure what is going on . Things have slowed way down for them and with the other agency things have not. I have a great feeling about the switch,(God, please prove me right).

I am very excited and from the way it sounds things are going to move along pretty fast, we are basically "paper ready". I am driving to Detroit on Monday morning to get all of our documents apostilled and I will UPS next day air them that afternoon so our agency should have them on Tuesday. I do believe they should be in Russia the week of March 6th. I am being told that once I submit our dossier we should get a referral within a couple of weeks, I am hoping we will travel by the end of April. Hopefully we will get our I-171H by the first week of April. I know not to get to excited about anything with IA until it is done, you just never know dealing with a foreign country.

It's going to be an exciting couple of months.

No comments: