Saturday, February 18, 2006

We thought that our Dossier would have been sent to Russia by now and it still has not, I am sooooooo disappointed in that. Jeff and I thought we had found the right person to help us and as the days go on I am starting to feel like we may have made a mistake. It has been 3 weeks since our home-study was ready to go and our mini Dossier was in Dana's hands and she still has not sent it to Russia. After the first horror agency I will not deal with to much and I will jump ship at any time.

I got copies of all of our documents from Dana just in case, I was reading our home-study and found many mistakes and hopefully Dana will fix them fast and we can move forward, this week after week of waiting to send our Dossier because something might change is getting really old. If there was 1 thing we learned from our Kazakh experience is that anything can change at any time. The laws changed 4 different times in the middle of our adoption from there and we just rolled with the punches but at least we were still moving forward because our Dossier was over there. I guess I can keep going on and on about this, I am just so upset I raced around driving to her house a half hour away 3 times to get her those documents so she could mail out our Dossier the first week of February and she still has done nothing. I told Jeff I was getting upset and I wanted to change to Adoption Ark and he said what ever I thought was best, I decided to give her until the end of next week and if it is still not on it's way to Russia I am going to switch to a different agency. That will be a month of her having it and not sending it out. Waiting to see if something changes is not a good excuse to me, with IA anything can happen at any time.

I did get a receipt from our INS, they cashed our check for $685 but still have not gave us an appointment for our fingerprints. They say it should all be wrapped up within 3 months, so by the end of April we should have our I-171H. I do have our whole Dossier together besides our medical and local police clearance, they are only good for 6 months so I was told to wait as long as possible for them. I plan on doing them in the beginning of March.

I hope by the end of next week our Dossier will be sent and we will get a finger print date. It took us 7 months to decide on adopting Internationally again I do not want to keep waiting and wasting time.

No comments: