Wednesday, February 8, 2006

I never thought trying to have a baby would be the most difficult or saddest thing I would ever go through in my life. The past 4 years have been very heart-breaking.

We got a call Monday night from a social worker in Nevada about Cory, they informed us we were 1 of 5 families that they have narrowed it down too. Jeff and I spent about 30 minutes on a phone interview. They asked us all kinds of questions like how we felt about a special needs, mental health questions, about our failed adoption and many more. Jeff and I thought it went well and were pretty hopeful. We got a call on Tuesday from them but we weren't home so we had to wait until Weds to find out if they would choose us or not. Well I talked to Becky Weds morning and unfortunately they did not choose us, she told me she really liked what our home-study said and she liked us on the phone and wanted to know if it was OK to keep our home-study for a future placement, I told her of course and thanks for considering us(I really wanted to scream). Once again the disappointment stinks. I know that it was just not meant to be and Cory is going to be with the right family for him.

I hope something happens with a referral from Russia soon and we hear about our fingerprints.

No comments: